Recruiting – Motion Capture Studio Engineer
The Centre for the Analysis of Motion, Entertainment Research and Applications (CAMERA) has a world-class, production standard motion-capture studio, including a range of full body and facial motion capture systems capture systems, multi-camera 4K arrays and photogrammetry facilities.
We are seeking a highly skilled individual to assist with motion capture activity at the CAMERA studios. You will be expected to:
- Provide technological expertise, scoping and conducting new research/testing
- Lead on technical delivery of research and commercial projects
- Lead the maintenance and running of the motion capture facilities, and research and commercially based facial and body motion capture shoots.
- Organise and oversee delivery of motion capture data for businesses we support and new research projects.
- Organise and deliver training materials related to motion capture through workshops.
- Organise and deliver processing of motion capture data for businesses we support.
- Assist with the organisation and setup required for delivery of motion capture workshops of various types to industry.
The Bristol and Bath Creative R&D cluster is a new, £6.8 million collaboration that aims to raise the bar for the region’s creative industries. The five-year programme seeks to forge connections and partnerships in Bristol and Bath, sharing knowledge, creating crossovers and even greater opportunities in what’s already one of the most vibrant clusters in the UK. This first-of-a-kind collaboration between the region’s four universities – Bath Spa, the University of Bath, the University of Bristol and UWE Bristol it intends to connect the worlds of university research and creative business to develop a shared vision for tomorrow’s creative industries.
CAMERA is an EPSRC funded research centre based in the Department of Computer Science, University of Bath and plays a key role within the B&B cluster.
Job title: Studio Engineer (Motion Capture) fixed-term post
Department: Computer Science
Salary: Starting from £33,797, rising to £40,322
Grade: Grade 7
Placed on: Monday 02 August 2021
Closing date: Sunday 22 August 2021
Interview date: Wednesday 01 September 2021